5 Ways to Stick to Your Diet this Holiday Season
Itís dreaded by every woman on a dietóthe holidays! Holidays are filled with tons of food, the nemesis of every dieter on the planet. If youíre worried about how your diet will suffer during the holidays, try these tips for coping:
- Get Active. Just because itís cold outside doesnít mean you canít be active. Organize a group and go on a winter hike or ice skating. Even caroling can help take the focus off food while giving you some mild exercise too. Or go for a long walk to look at the Christmas lights. Think of small ways to stay active rather than vegging out indoors.
- Snack Light. Donít be afraid to have a few snacks at a party. But beware of snacking during the entire 3-5 hours! Allow yourself a small plate of snacks and stop there.
- Eat before you leave. If youíre really worried about eating too much at a party, have a light, healthy meal before you leave. Eat something nutritious and filling, but leave enough room for a light dessert.
- Watch the Alcohol Ė With all those parties those few drinks can really add up. Take it easy on the alcohol as it has tons of calories. A good trick is to have a wine spritzer, mix a little wine with some club soda and sip slowly throughout the night; this could cut down your alcohol intake nearly by half.
- Forget about the Diet. Well donít dump your diet altogether or you may regret in the New Year, just donít focus on it. If you constantly worry about your diet or how many pounds you might gain during the holidays, youíll be likely to eat more. Instead, concentrate on the wonderful company you are sharing and stop worrying so much about overeating.
Connected : Solutions By Email
our free monthly newsletter packed with motivational
thoughts, articles, tips, products and resources to help
you make your family's life healthier and fun. We help
you handle today's tough issues like healthier lifestyles,
child development, education, self-appreciation and
more. Receive Monthly Newsletter