Taking a trip to the beach soon? Be sure to print off and try some of these wonderful beach crafts.
Fun for the entire family: Beach Crafts
Sea Shell Angels
This angel-faced decoration, made by gluing together three shells, is truly a gift from the sea. Seashells
Craft glue or hot glue gun
Acrylic paint and paintbrushes
Time needed: Under 1 Hour
1. Lay out your collection of seashells. Try different combinations to get the right shapes, but basically each angel is made of a medium-sized fan-shaped shell (such as a scallop, lucina or clamshell), a small, round-bodied shell (such as a moon, top, bubble or cowrie shell), and a small bowl-shaped shell (such as an ark, tellin or cockleshell).
2. Use a scallop shell for the angel's dress, then glue on a cowrie shell for her head and a small cockleshell for her bonnet.
3. Once the glue dries, paint on a face and hair and tie or glue a loop of fishing line around the back of the bonnet for a hanger.
If you'll be making angels at the beach, use craft glue; if you decide to tote your shells home to assemble, a hot glue gun works even better (parents only).
Variations: Angels also make great holiday ornaments.
Footprints in the Sand
Capture that barefoot-on-the-beach feeling -- and a record of your feet -- with this simple plaster-casting project.
Plaster of Paris
4-inch lengths of string, optional
Time needed: Under 1 Hour
1. Choose a site to cast your molds -- the moist, hard-packed sand near the water's edge works best.
2. Firmly press both feet into the sand. The prints should be about 1/2 inch to 2 inches deep. (If your child can't press down that hard, he can use his finger to dig down into the print, following its shape.)
3. Mix up the plaster, according to the directions on the package, so that it has a thick, creamy consistency. Pour the wet plaster gently into the footprints.
4. To make hangers, tie a knot about a half inch in from each end of the pieces of string. As the plaster begins to harden, push the knotted ends into the plaster and let dry.
5. After 20 to 25 minutes, gently dig the footprints out of the molds and brush away any excess sand. Set sole-side up in the sun for about an hour to let harden.
Hands On Crafts For Kids - An amazing collection Crafts for kids. Over 100 Pages.
Makeit & Bakeit Glittering Frames - Fun to Make! Stained Glass Suncatchers add sparkle to window decorations. Great for room decorating or to give as gifts.
The Busy Moms Book Of Quick Crafts For Kids - Quick and easy crafts, including shaving cream sculptures, ghost-it-notes, and tin-punch laterns. Over 140 pages.
Connected : Solutions By Email
our free monthly newsletter packed with motivational
thoughts, articles, tips, products and resources to help
you make your family's life healthier and fun. We help
you handle today's tough issues like healthier lifestyles,
child development, education, self-appreciation and
more. Receive Monthly Newsletter
2002-03 Real Life Solutions & Aurelia Williams. All Rights Reserved.
Us | Contact Us | Newsletter
| Opportunity | Advertising
| Links | Home
Policy || Web
Design by Lindsey Web
Design || Contact Us