Superhero Party Ideas
* Set a super scene by creating or buying giant cutouts of action heroes or hanging them on the walls of the party room.
Spiderman or Superman, Batman or Buzz Light Year -- whoever your child's favorite superhero -- here's everything you'll need to create a super celebration.
* Cut action hero emblems and logos from felt. Cut out the same logos from double-sided iron-on interfacing paper. Iron the two layers together. Mail the logos and the party details to your guests. Tell the guests to ask their parents to iron the logos onto old T-shirts or capes, and to wear them to the party.
* Make a copy of a page from an action hero comic book, white out some of the speech bubbles, fill in the party details, make copies and mail to guests.
* Have the kids dress up as action heroes.
* Supply kids with masks, capes, gloves, glasses or other accessories.
* Play action hero theme songs.
* Make table centerpieces and decorations with small plastic action figures and comic books.
* Host an Action Hero Olympics. Prepare a series of challenging feats, varying the games so that everyone has a chance to win. Include long jumping, fast running, long-distance ball throwing, balance-beam walking, obstacle course challenges and relay races. Be sure to have plenty of adults on hand to supervise.
* Play Super Hearing. Have the guests identify mysterious tape-recorded sounds.
* Play Super Tasting. Blindfold the kids and have them sample and guess foods.
* Play Super Smelling. Blindfold the kids and have them sniff a variety of aromas and name the sources.
* Play Super Vision. Have the kids look at enlarged or reduced pictures and everyday items and guess what they are.
* Make Power Portraits. On construction paper, trace and cut out two body outlines of each guest. Have the kids decorate the outlines -- one as a front and the other as a back -- using felt-tip pens, crayons, scraps of fabric, puffy paints and glitter. Staple the sheets together, leaving the opening at the top. Stuff the 'bodies' with batting or newspaper then seal the head and prop up around the party room.
* Make your own action hero comic books. Have each guest draw and color a panel featuring his or her favorite action hero character. Assemble the panels to make a funny story.
* Make fabric capes. Have the kids decorate the capes with glitter and stars.
* Have an adult friend come to the party dressed as your child's favorite superhero for a surprise visit.
* Serve a power party meal with energy drinks such as Gatorade and and super snacks such as Power Bars.1. Bake a sheet cake; cool.
2. Decorate the cake with an emblem from your child's favorite action hero's costume using colored frosting.
3. Set action figures all over the cake.
* Build a superhero sandwich. Cut two long loaves of sourdough bread length-wise and fill with layers of meat, cheese, tomato, and lettuce.
* Bake an Action Hero Cake:
* Send the guests home with small plastic action figures and comic books.
* Hand out the Power Portraits and capes that the kids made.
The Party Zone -
Discounted online shopping for all of your party needs. Offering a unique selection of novelties, accessories, gifts, gift baskets and favors.