Don’t let the idea of buying expensive wedding favors get you down. If you’re on a tight budget, we have some great affordable wedding favor ideas that will let your guest know how much you appreciated their presence on your special day.
1. Fortune Cookies: Buy some fortune cookies in bulk, carefully slip the message out of each cookie and insert your own. Your messages can be humorous, sweet, or a simple thank you from the both of you.
2. Seashells: Live near the beach? Spend the day collecting beautiful shells that will look great wrapped in tulle with a ribbon embossed with your names and wedding date. Don’t forget to soak the shells them in warm antibacterial soapy water for several hours.
3. Bookmarks: Purchase a package of heavy paper from a local business supply store. Create a unique bookmark including an image of you and your spouse. Add a unique quip, such as: “Each day of our lives together is a page in a special book,” then add your names and wedding date. Punch a hole at the top of each bookmark and use strands of colored yarn as a tassel for this favor.
4. Deck of Cards: Have your images printed on a pack of playing cards. This will really stun your guests. What a unique gift idea! Ask your local printer of he can do this for you.
5. Message in a Bottle: Purchase clear bottles in bulk. Type a special message up for each of your guests. Print them off and roll them up like scrolls. Slip each scroll into a bottle. You may wish to add confetti to each bottle for décor too! Your guests will love the message of thank you and they’ll treasure it as a keepsake for years to come.
6. Personalized Key-Rings: Have your picture placed on a key-ring with your names and the date of your wedding printed on it. It’s a great little wedding favor that’s inexpensive. It will also provide the opportunity for your loved ones to have a great picture of the newly wed couple.
7. Gourmet Coffee Packs: Mix and Match! Add different coffee flavors to different tables so guests can trade-off. Place the coffee in tulle and tie a beautiful ribbon (which matches your bridal party’s colors) around the favor. This wedding favor will be well-received by the adults!
8. Mini Liquors: Give everyone a miniature liquor bottle with a card attached to it. You can print these cards yourself, they may read: A Toast to Mr. and Mrs. (Last Name) . Supply a different favor for all of your underage guests.
9. Flower Seed Packages: Purchase flower seeds for all of your guests. Wrap the package in mesh with a note attached that reads: “May your garden bloom as healthy as our love for one another.”
10. Photograph CD: For the computer savvy families, this is an excellent idea for a wedding favor. Compile photographs from both of your childhoods, then your first pictures together–all the way until this moment. Place them onto a CD for each guest. Your families and friends won’t believe how much you’ve grown into the people you are today.
Jen Carter is owner of My Wedding Blog, a free wedding planner guide about weddings.