New Year’s Eve brings to mind glasses of champagne clinking together as the clock strikes midnight. While champagne is fine for adults, it isn’t appropriate for everyone. Here are ten drink ideas the whole family will love this New Year’s Eve.
1. For those who want the sensation of champagne, you should be able to find sparkling grape juice at nearly every grocery or discount food store. You can also make your own by combining white grape juice with ginger ale.
2. If you’re having a Hawaiian or luau themed party, you’ll want a tropical style drink that everyone can enjoy. Try an Island Dream. This drink is made by combining crushed ice, orange juice, pineapple juice, and Sprite. Don’t forget the umbrella to finish this drink off.
3. Another tropical cocktail that the whole family can enjoy is the orange burst cocktail. This is made by combining orange juice, Sprite, and grenadine syrup with crushed ice. Your children are sure to love this one.
4. Strawberry limeades are popular at some fast food restaurants. These would be a great alternative to alcoholic drinks. Of course, with this recipe requiring limes and strawberries, you may have to do some searching to find the ingredients.
5. New Year’s Eve punch is another great alternative to champagne. It is made with several different juices, fruit cocktail, sherbet, and sparkling grape juice.
6. Snowbird Mocktails are delicious. They’re made with pineapple juice, sweetened condensed milk, orange juice, coconut extract, and ginger ale. One of the nice things about this drink is that it keeps for up to one week.
7. Non-alcoholic (or virgin) margaritas are a popular drink and would be the perfect choice if you’re having a Mexican themed New Year’s Eve party. They could also be used for a winter beach party theme.
8. Another summertime drink that would be appropriate for New Year’s Eve is a virgin strawberry daiquiri. Strawberry daiquiri mix is added to Sprite and ice. To make the drink more festive, put fresh fruit on a plastic sword and put that in the drink.
9. If it’s really cold outside, it’s quite possible your guests would prefer something hot to drink instead. Hot spiced punch may be appreciated. It is made with pineapple juice, cranberry juice, all spice, cloves, cinnamon, water, and brown sugar.
10. Spiced punch may not appeal to you, but hot mulled cider may be just the thing. Similar to the spiced punch, hot mulled cider has all spice, cinnamon, and cloves. The main ingredient, however, is apple cider, which makes the taste different.
Everyone wants to enjoy a New Year’s Eve party, but it doesn’t have to include alcohol. By having non-alcoholic drinks at your party, these ten drink ideas are something the whole family will love.